Chemetall increases sustainability and lowers costs.
Significantly reduces energy use and material waste.
Realized gains in process efficiency
- $200,000 USD in energy savings from lower operating temperatures.*
- $375,000 USD in savings in material waste due to improved quality.*
- Ambient temperature rinse aids.
- Lower salts reduce filter maintenance.
- Low conductivity and foam increase ease of use.
An international Chemetall plastic and rubber manufacturing customer in western Europe needed to improve an existing single step power wash prior to paint while reducing overall operational costs. The parts were Polypropylene/Ethylene-Propylene-Diene Monomer (PP/EPDM) and Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS) parts. Chemetall is a leading supplier of innovative cleaners and surface conditioners for the automotive industry.
Learn about Chemetall's innovations!
- Gardoprep® 5635/1 neutral plastic cleaner.
- Gardobond® Additive H 7359 rinse aid.
|Competitor A (neutral cleaner)
|Operating concentration 0.5–1.5% by volume
|High energy costs due to 55°C operating temperature cleaning
|Chemetall's process improvement
|Gardoprep® 5635/1 neutral plastic cleaner, followed by Gardobond® Additive H 7359 rinse aid
|Operating concentration 0.5% by volume
|Estimated $200,000 USD per year of energy savings due to ambient operating temperature cleaning and rinsing
Download a PDF of this case study click here.