- Flawlessly coat every crevice to provide the finest corrosion protection available today.
- Start with advanced and non-phosphate pretreatments or iron and zinc pretreatments from
BASF | Chemetall.
- The next step is the complete line of ecoat products.
- Cover every edge with the most efficient possible throwpower.
- Better yet, this complete process can be optimized to reduce environmental impact, with tin-free, lead-free, and HAPS-free options available.
How electrocoating works
After the components have been pretreated with zinc phosphate or Oxsilan, the e-coat is applied. The component is dipped in a bath with a waterborne dispersion (consisting of cross-linking agents and binders) for approximately two to four minutes. Then a direct voltage of 250 to 500 volts is applied to the component and a counter electrode located in the bath. Electrically charged paint particles are deposited on the component and form an approximately 20 micrometer thick protective coating. Its primary job is to provide corrosion protection.
Learn about Electrocoat products from BASF | Chemetall.
We are dedicated to your success so you can expect more.
We invite you to contact us.
Product Sales Specialist Electrocoating
Phone: (313) 570-9818
Industry Specialist Electrocoating
OR Contact us today using the form below to get started.
Click image below to view pdf.