Aluminum Finishing Pretreatment
Whether wet painting or powder coating, Chemetall Aluminum Finishing pretreatments provide superior corrosion resistance and added cosmetic value.
Chemetall has historically been a leader in aluminum cleaning and pretreatment. We offer you a premium process along with the superb customer service you have come to rely on. Our proven chemistries give you:
- Superior bath life
- Outstanding cleaning and rinsability
- Exceptional surface finish uniformity
- Excellent corrosion protection
- Durable corrosion protection to industry standards
Chemetall Aluminum Finishing Pretreatment Solutions
- Gardo Clean — Alkaline cleaning
- Gardacid — Acid cleaning, light etching, deoxidize, desmut
- Gardo Etch — Alkaline and acid etch
- Gardobond X — High performance non chrome coatings prior to paint/powder
- Gardobond C — High performance chrome coatings prior to paint/powder
Eliminate chrome phosphate, chrome III or Chrome VI coatings and instead utilize Gardobond X 4707 E18 with this high performing non-chrome treatment for aluminum extrusions and components. This one component process serves as a no rinse pre-treatment performinging exceptionally well when paired with powder or liquid paint. Aluminum profiles treated with Gardobond X 4707 E18 meet the specifications of AAMA, both Qualicoat, and GSB.
Please note: Chemetall's product portfolio offers many specialized formulas and additive materials to meet your company's specific performance requirements.
Click image below to view pdf.