Glass Grinding and Polishing Coolants and Interleaving Powders are both available from Chemetall.
Coolants play a crucial role for glass grinding and polishing. State-of-the-art machining processes are simply not feasible without using high performance coolants.
Benefit from our variety of high-performance synthetic coolant technology as well as our long term expertise in this field.
Today fully synthetic coolants are used in glass processing machinery to provide the following benefits:
- Higher feed speed to increase productivity
- Improved edge quality
- Increased life of diamond tools
- Lower power consumption of the processing machinery
- Protect the machinery from corrosion
- Keeps the sludge of the grinding solution soft
- Reducing maintenance costs
In many industries the use of coolants is an essential part of production, in particular in the glass industry. Our high-performance technologies cool and lubricate the work site while purging glass chips and grinding waste from the tooling, to ensure the high standards of today‘s production processes.
They enhance system life by providing superior corrosion protection, outstanding lubricity, and excellent high temperature stability. When added to water, they form a translucent film that provides cooling, lubricity and corrosion protection to the equipment.
Industries we serve:
- Automotive, including heavy equipment, off road and military
- Residential, including shower doors
- Technical glass, including borosilicates and glass ceramics
During the transport of float glass, adhesive forces and chemical reactions can cause the panes to stick together so strongly that they cannot be separated again later on.
Furthermore, transportation or storage creates a risk of glass surface corrosion. Chemetall's innovative interleavant powders can effectively counter adhesion or scratching
of panes as well as surface corrosion.
First-class raw materials and quality control
In addition to traditional powder products providing corrosion protection, we offer liquid products which can be sprayed onto the float glass in the form of an aqueous solution. For the whole product range, Chemetall ensures the use of only first-class raw materials and continually monitors quality control so that our customers can profit from our know-how for a particularly long time.
Our Technology Portfolio:
- Interleaving powders
- Liquid anti-stain products for spray application
- Interleaving powders with (anti-stain) properties
Industries we serve:
- Glass producing industry
- Glass processing industry
- Flat glass industry
- Optical glass industry
- Globally available powder and spray products
- Complete washability without leaving any residues
- Specially defined grain size distribution
- Also available with corrosion protection